Because we don’t have coffee shops (we leave that to our trusted friends in retail who serve Cravens Coffee) we can’t give you a free cup of coffee on Earth Day like some. But we are able to honor this day in our own way by recognizing the farmer, keepers-of-the-land.
At Cravens Coffee we are reminded every day of the importance of Mother Earth for growing the fine coffees we source. And we know of no better stewards of the land than farmers. The journey of a coffee bean is not a simple one. The best coffee in the world is grown at high altitudes, warm days, cool nights, leading to enhanced development of the sugars which leads to the more dramatic and spectacular flavors in coffee.
On a personal note, our children’s great-grandfather was a potato farmer, their grandfather was an apple orchardist and now Becky and I have the privilege of working with and supporting the coffee farmer. As long as there are people in residence, our planet and the farmer need each other.
Click here to show your support of Earth Day and the famers who care for the land.
For over 40 years our country has recognized Earth Day. Neither are we perfect nor the same in our actions to help preserve our home planet and far be it for us to preach. Rather, we suggest a few humble things we can do this day, or this week or this year to help reduce the impact we are having on the earth. Who knows who you’ll inspire?
- Bring your own bag when you go to the grocery store.
- Increase your awareness of electricity use.
- Buy locally. Locally produced foods travels less and taste best!
- Reduce. Re-use. Recycle. Yes, it’s cliche but putting it into action is not.
- Pick up garbage. Even if this doesn’t make the Top 10 Save-the-Earth list each year, it’s bound to make Mother Earth look and feel better.
- Buy your coffee from a trusted source. Yep, we couldn’t resist this one – it’s our way of honoring the caretakers of the land.
As always, thank you for entrusting Cravens Coffee to source and roast your specialty coffee,
p.s. “From Farmer to Roaster to You“ is an exclusive Cravens Coffee series featuring highly sought after beans from direct farm visits. We currently highlight the good works of Alex Rechsteiner’s Tanzania Mondul Estate Peaberry. Tangy, juicy and syrupy in the cup.